JUMP TO: PORTFOLIO // PRODUCTS // PRICING // FAQ // CONTACT
Do your dog photos always look blurry as they zoom by at Mach 10? Do you have a dog who looks like a black hole with eyes in pictures? Are your only good photos of your dog taken when they’re sleeping?
I have the skills to solve all of these problems — when you book a dog photography session with me, you can be confident that we’ll come away with dozens of images capturing the adorable personality of your pet. I have successfully photographed everything from the bounciest pup to timid rescues, and senior dogs who are blind or deaf. All scenarios require patience and lots of treats, which are never in short supply!
I have loved dogs since I was young, when I would ask passing joggers to stop so I could pet their companions. I offered free petsitting as a teen, just so I could be with dogs. I was 14 before I convinced my allergy-laden family to get a non-shedding terrier, who I showered with affection and trained to do many fun tricks! I love looking back at my photos of her and remembering the joy of my first dog.
I suggest posing with your dog for some of the photos too, as your relationship with them is what makes them so happy!
PRODUCTS – PRINT TO PRESERVE
After creating your custom portraits, we will select your favourites together, in-person or virtually. You will be able to view artwork samples and I will recommend the best mediums for displaying your particular images. Print, cherish, and share your stunning photos!
For those planning wall art, you can preview your images on your walls with my visualization software. Your full collection of images can be displayed in an album designed just for you. Add on items include small prints, image cubes, and collages. Each product is personally inspected before being delivered to you. Slideshows and digital images sized for social media allow you to share your favourites with all of your friends and family.
Don’t let a USB of your memories sit in a drawer for months or even years before you get around to printing them. You can have your professional prints much sooner, and their quality ensures they will last a lifetime.
There are two types of Kamloops dog photography sessions:
Option 1. 30 minute Highlight Session:
- Suitable for one dog, within Kamloops city limits.
- Produces 20 images, focusing on a small variety of headshots, body shots, and closeups. You can then purchase prints and products from this selection. Digital images are not included, but can be purchased or earned as a bonus with a minimum product purchase!
- Together we will review your images virtually, using screen sharing, at which time you will place and pay for your order. With my professional guidance, you will be sure to choose the perfect custom, long-lasting products for your lifestyle.
- Highlight sessions are $200.
Option 2. 60 minute Full Session:
- Suitable for up to two dogs (additional dogs can be added for $50), within 10km of Kamloops city limits, or additional mileage may be purchased one-way at $1/km. Flat rates apply to nearby cities and towns.
- Produces a large variety of 50-60 images of the dog(s), including portraits, action shots, and dog and owner portraits. You can then purchase prints and products from this selection. Digital images are not included, but can be purchased or earned as a bonus with a minimum product purchase!
- We will review your images together, in-person in my Kamloops studio, or virtually (using screen sharing), at which time you will place and pay for your order. With my professional guidance, you will be sure to choose the perfect custom, long-lasting products for your lifestyle.
- Premiere sessions are $490 and include a $200 print credit. These sessions are for those clients looking to invest in wall art and albums, which start at $350.
Regardless of the session you choose, your images will typically be ready within two weeks.
I photograph throughout the Kamloops, British Columbia area, including Barriere, Clearwater, Chase, Salmon Arm, Vernon, and Merritt. I am happy to go beyond this with advance notice.
WHAT IF MY DOG CAN’T BE OFF LEASH?
Are you wondering how all the dogs in my pet portfolio are so well-behaved off leash? I’ll let you in on a secret… most of them were on leash and I either used creative posing to hide it, or it was edited out. I am an expert in Photoshop and can remove leashes, people, and distracting objects in the background as needed. Slide the triangle over the image below to see the magic!
WHAT IF MY DOG IS HYPER AND CAN’T SIT STILL, OR IS ANXIOUS?
Your dog doesn’t need to know how to sit or stay for great photos, although it does help, of course! We will let your dog be themselves, sniffing, playing, and running, with photos taken in between. Anxious dogs will be allowed to come out of their shell slowly with kind words and tidbits. Don’t let concerns about your dog’s training, personality, or energy level keep you from having professional photos taken. I’ve seen it all, and always get great images with patience!
WHERE CAN I HAVE MY DOG PHOTOS TAKEN?
It’s important that your dog is comfortable and safe, so the location depends on your pup’s personality. Sessions can take place right in your backyard or home if they are nervous or reactive. I will take the time (and treats!) to get them to warm up to me slowly. If they are more adventurous and confident, we can meet in a unique location such as a waterfall, the beach, or a flower garden.
MY PET DOESN’T HAVE MUCH TIME LEFT – HOW SOON CAN I BOOK?
We don’t always have a lot of warning when our beloved pets are nearing the end of their life. I offer priority scheduling for tribute sessions, to photograph seniors or those with failing health. Losing a pet is one of the hardest things in life, but I hope you will find comfort in photos that celebrate your relationship and all the little things that make your pet special.
HOW MUCH ARE PRINTS AND PRODUCTS?
As a full-service photographer, I not only create timeless portraits, but also design and print the highest-quality wall art and albums with my professional partners. Before your session, I will send you an exciting product guide with all the possibilities. Interest-free payment plans are available. Starting prices are:
Luxury album: $1290+
Gallery-wrapped canvas: $390+
Prints on metal: $440+
Framed prints: $490+
Professional prints: $40-$140
High-resolution digital images: $100 each (packages available)
Digital images optimized for social media: Free with a minimum $750 product purchase.
Are you ready for heartfelt photos of your dog? Email me below for photography session information, or call / text .